Today’s Podcast: The 24-Hour PodcastOctober 5, 2010
This was a nice surprise today: a recorded, downloadable version of the 24-hour charity fundraising broadcast Simply Syndicated did in 2009. This was a blast to do, and even more fun to hear. Download it, folks; yes, it’s a paid download, but it is so, so worth it, especially the bits recorded in the wee, wee hours.
- This was the first time Starbase 66 appeared as part of Simply Syndicated. Speculation was running wild that some “outside” shows were joining the network, and we knew we were one of them, but this just fuelled the fire. Jakob from Nerd Hurdles asked me about it on a Toronto sidewalk one day and I totally lied to him.
- Crimes Against Food made its debut, and we were immediately in awe, especially since it was also done in video form. Rrrrrrrrrrr.
- Later, I called Richard Smith for the live Bollocks show at Ridiculous O’Clock and we talked about stuff I completely forget. So I have to listen to this again, just for that.
- There were no Masters of None. Not at all.
- Sometime before the sun came up, Will Tristram and Paddy J. Forde just sat there and read the paper out loud, and it was bloody hilarious. This was before Paddy remembered he was Canadian and came home; now he does standup in Edmonton, poor guy.
- Actually, it was Craig Bevan, not Paddy. That’s how tired I was when I heard that. Craig is not Canadian, poor guy.
Download the 24-hour podcast here.