From TigerBeat, June 2009 …
He’s Wow! He’s Now! He’s Cool! He’s All That! He’s, like, Tony! Hey, you all know who I’m talking about, girls. Yes, it’s TONY! Maybe you hummed his groovy hit Graveyard Stare on your way to school this morning! Maybe you and your friends like to sing the words to Dear Osama while you do your hair! Yeah, Tony’s the one! And he might be playing in YOUR town soon!
Heads up, TigerBeat fans: Here are 10 things you MUST know about Tony!
- He has recorded 956 albums of AWESOME music! And he plays all the instruments! And he SINGS all the songs!
- In the olden days, he had Big Bad Hair!
- If it has strings, he can play it. Watch out, harps!
- When he isn’t making the world safe for democracy with a soldering iron, he can make you a fantastic samwich! With or without alfalfa sprouts, at your request!
- You can hear him on the Pollyana Cowgirl Records podcast, and also at Fatal Interview! And sometimes he sings in the shower!
- He’ll tattoo your name on his arm if you send him a fan letter without spelling mistakes! Send him enough money, and he’ll get 56 stars tattooed on his face. He won’t even lie about it afterward!
- He made a cool record with Jakob from Nerd Hurdles! And they’ve never even MET!
- He lives in Minnesota but DOESN’T sound like that lady cop from Fargo!
- His name sounds really cool when you say it five times fast!
- He’s now a Starbase 66-er, thanks to the latest episode of the world’s second-greatest Star Trek podcast! Check it out!
On a more serious note, folks, Tony’s latest project is an important one. Please take a look at Songs For Jenny here.