Minivan backseat philosophizing: Here are two randomly funny things said by my children while driving today.
- Weatherette (7): “Daddy, why do people throw garbage all over the street?”
- Me: “Because they’re slobs who don’t care about their community, honey.”
- Weatherette: “If I could make a perfect world, people would always clean up their garbage. And no factories would close, and you wouldn’t lose your job, and you wouldn’t be allergic to dogs.”
- Me: “That’s sweet, honey.”
- Weathereye 2.0 (5): “And every TV would have video games!”
So, after that discourse on priorities, we explored logic. A few minutes later:
- Weathereye 2.0: “Daddy, what do bears eat?”
- Me: “Small boys.”
- Weathereye 2.0: “No! What do they really eat?”
- Me: “Big boys, too.”
- Weathereye 2.0: “It’s fish. Bears LOVE fish. Boys eat tacos!”
- Weatherette: “Unless the bear eats a boy who ate a taco. Then the bear is also eating a taco.”
- Me: “Can’t argue with that.”
Thanks for tuning in. Carry on.