I talked about this on Richard and Allison’s Super Happy Fun Time, episode 35, so here’s the recipe. First, though, a disclaimer:
Weather Station 1 and affiliated websites and podcasts do not endorse the creation or consumption of this food item. Said item may lead to health problems including obesity, blocked colons, clogged arteries and rancid halitosis.
Now, with that out of the way, I should also add that it’s delicious … but something you don’t really want to to try more than once.
- One loaf French bread (or baguette, for you foreigners).
- One jar peanut butter, smooth. I like Kraft. Others prefer Skippy.
- One bunch of bananas.
- One pound of bacon. Not turkey bacon, not “Canadian bacon,” which isn’t bacon, not low-fat, low-salt bacon. Bacon.
- Slice the entire loaf of bread lengthwise. Place to one side.
- Fry the bacon in a cast-iron skillet. Remove the bacon, leave grease in pan.
- Spread entire contents of peanut butter on bread.
- Slice bananas, spread on bread.
- Place bacon on top of bananas.
- Close sandwich, place in pan, fry in bacon grease, turning once, until bread turns golden.
- Remove sandwich from pan, place on newspaper or paper towel for five minutes to drain.
- Drink glass of buttermilk.
- See doctor.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.